So I started college last week and a week is pretty much enough to identify the majorly striking differences between the comforts of a school and that of a college.
1. The sense of freedom is overwhelming. No one really cares if you sit for lectures or not. Parents don’t bother if you even make it to college or not as long as you come back home.
2. There is no restriction on the canteen timings. It is always filled with people. No matter what time of the day it is, as long as the college is open so is the canteen.
3. The boy’s no longer seem like boys. They suddenly transform into HOT men. Almost ALL of them.
4. Girls start dressing up, mostly unknowingly, and transform into beautiful women who aren’t self concious, yet they scrape through dressing to perfection.
5. Being in college does not grant us the permission to relax to an extent that we stop making progress in life. The most important distinction between school and college is the practicality of the education process, unlike school where the knowledge is stagnant.
No matter how free we are, our life is what we make it.
But if we are talking in terms of making progress in life, we must understand that “good enough” is very different from “best”.